Employers, please email job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Department of Citrus
605 East Main Street
Bartow, Florida 33830
***Applicants must apply at
Complete all fields in the Candidate Profile. Work history, hours worked, and formal education are required to qualify for this position. Responses to Qualifying Questions must be verifiable in the Candidate Profile. Cover Letters and Resumes should be attached to provide additional information. ***
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: The Florida Department of Citrus is a marketing and research agency utilizing progressive insights to maximize demand for Florida Citrus through a fully integrated marketing and public relations program. Based in Central Florida (Bartow), FDOC is responsible for domestic and international marketing, research and regulation of the $6.8 billion Florida Citrus industry.
DESCRIPTION: If you can write a news release that earns coverage in traditional media outlets, a feature story that make us cry and a blog that makes us laugh…then you may be perfect for this position. The Florida Department of Citrus seeks a versatile and strong communicator with an inquisitive spirit to create content and provide support for a wide variety of programs and activities to promote Florida Citrus products in support of the Florida Citrus industry. This position works directly with the Director of Global Marketing in the areas of strategic communications, media relations, issues management, industry relations, public relations and marketing. The Communications Manager is responsible for writing, editing and proofreading Department-wide publications for both internal and external use. Publications include but are not limited to press releases, newsletters, columns, articles, meeting recaps, web content, scripts, advertorials and blogs. This is the perfect fit for someone who thrives on deadline, can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, is naturally curious and eager to learn.
Generous State Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Salary range: $55,000 – $70,000
- Write, edit, and proofread Department-wide publications for both internal and external use. Publications include but are not limited to press releases, newsletters, columns, articles, meeting recaps, presentations, advertorials, web content, social content, advertising materials, blogs, scripts, annual reports, etc.
- Manage media relations including media requests, interview prep, research, data collection, images, message development and events.
- Update media contact lists, track media inquiries, and monitor FDOC-related news coverage.
- Manage and coordinate the overall issues management plan to protect the Florida Citrus industry.
- Manage industry relations activities. Develop and implement strategies to increase industry awareness of FDOC activities. Serve as liaison between FDOC and Florida Citrus Industry growers, leaders and representatives. Provide presentations at industry events and meetings as needed.
- Manage Constant Contact subscriptions and distribution of industry communications and updates.
- Update and post new content to FDOC web channels using the Content Management System (WordPress).
- Manage budget, track spending, and analyze key metrics.
- Identify, propose and implement forward-thinking and effective communications plans to support FDOC key strategic initiatives and public relations and marketing programs.
- Develop positive, effective working relationships with FDOC internal team, contract agencies, industry partners and stakeholders.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the areas of writing, journalism, media relations, public relations, marketing, or related area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated through published writing examples, strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Expert knowledge of AP Style.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability. Ability to process and incorporate feedback.
- Ability to conduct research using a variety of resources and channels to effectively communicate on diverse topics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This position is based at the FDOC office in Bartow, FL. This is not a Remote/Work from Home position.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physically able to lift a 4/5 bushel carton of Fresh Florida Citrus (50 lbs.).
- Experience working with the media either as a journalist or public relations professional.
- Experience translating science for a consumer audience.
- Intermediate or proficient skills in graphic, video and/or web software such as Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, CMS, Word Press, or related programs.
- Photography and/or videography skills.
VETERAN RECRUITMENT STATEMENT: The Florida Department of Citrus values the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and supports the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES RECRUITMENT STATEMENT: The Florida Department of Citrus values and supports the employment of Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at http://www.sss.gov.
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system.
The Development Associate supports the Director of Development in building the organization’s culture of philanthropy. This position plays a critical role in assisting with operational tasks, overseeing Talbot House’s volunteer program, generating marketing content, and assisting with donor stewardship projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Talbot House Ministries Development Associate:
- Maintains the donor database of Talbot House Ministries, processing gifts, updating records, and preparing reports as necessary.
- Oversees Talbot House Ministries’ volunteer program, including volunteer recruitment, screening, scheduling, tracking, and recognition.
- Promotes Talbot House Ministries through marketing efforts including social media content and newsletters.
- Facilitates fundraising events during the year, working collaboratively with staff to ensure the success of these events.
- Conducts tours of Talbot House Ministries as necessary.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by supervisor and/or Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, volunteer coordination, or related fields required.
Computer literate, with experience in CRM software and Microsoft Office.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
Director of Development
Mulberry Marketing Communications Manager
Mulberry, FL, United States
Employment Type: Regular
Category: Marketing / Business
Posting Date: Jun 21, 2022
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials – Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions – accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €9.5 billion ($10.6 billion) in 2021, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.